JOB OFFER - 26/07/2010
PROCTER AND GAMBLE
The P&G European Technical Centre in Strombeek (Belgium) is a key training centre for worldwide P&G technical staff and offers research training for the development of fundamental knowledge on biotechnology alternatives to basic chemicals in detergents. We are a pioneer in developing new technologies and innovations in consumer product categories that improve the health and well being of consumers worldwide, through the application of leading edge science and technology and a deep understanding of consumer needs.
Together with five excellent European partners we offer young researchers a research perspective at world-class scientific level in multidisciplinary and international teams to achieve a breakthrough in the development of sustainable detergents. Thanks to the European funded Programme on Academia- Industry Partnership Pathway (CAP-IT!, IAPP 251298) we are currently seeking 4 research fellows with a PhD degree, as follows :
1. in Chemistry or Chemical engineering, to be based at Procter & Gamble Newcastle, UK, available to start effective September 1, 2010
2. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science or Mathematics, to be based at the University Rovira i Virgili in Tarragona, Spain, available to start effective September 1, 2010
3. in Chemistry or Chemical engineering, to be based at the University of Birmingham, UK, available to start effective October 1, 2010
4. in Organic or Bio-Chemistry, to be based at the CSGI in Florence, Italy, available to start effective January 1, 2011.
More information on each project, including job requirements, and participation rules etc.. can be found by clicking here
During the fellowship you will :
- work on your own project as part of a European project team,
- have an opportunity to put your technical skills to work on intellectually challenging problems,
- improve your team working and soft skills through practical experience and interactive training courses,
- learn to work effectively with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds,
- experience the working environment in at a technology leader, and
- gain guidance on your professional development
If you are interested in continuing your application to one or more of these projects, please make sure that you understand clearly the participation rules, so that you know you could be eligible to participate. We would like you to attach your CV also in English to your application. The application process on-line includes some CV questions, general questions, followed by our Success Drivers Assessment on line. Once all this complete we will review your application and inform you of our decision and possible next steps.
When applying, please respond to the question "How did you hear about this job?" with the option of "referral".
You can find more information on this job and the Apply Online button by clicking here to enter the application process.